Thursday, November 22, 2012

The gift of experience

Thanksgiving time gets me thinking about the mountain of gifts I've received.  The gifts I appreciate most are those which offer memories of good experiences.  1 1/2 years ago I gave myself a gift which I did not expect to be as important to me as it turns out to be.  I signed up to improve my speaking skills.  I feared standing in front of a group.  I saw this as a huge responsibility and feared I would let my audience down.  Toastmasters has been and continues to help me be a better speaker and a better leader.  I was just looking for a way to become a better speaker.  What I got back was improvement in speaking AND the opportunity to practice my leadership skills with a group of amazing people.

Thank you, Toastmasters.
Respectfully your student,
Karen Staebell
President Eastside Madison Toastmasters
Club 1366

No comments:

Post a Comment