Friday, November 2, 2012

I am working on it, but more practice is in store

Some things are natural. Some things take practice.

The other day as I was transitioning from one meeting to the next, I was reflecting when I looked at the person approaching me.  A smile spread across his face.  Right behind him another smile spread across her face. I realized I had been smiling. This flitted my thoughts to another train, I must smile a lot.  I find people smiling at me, people I do not know. I often have to do a personal check: is something hanging from my hair? is my zipper up? is something on my face?  THEN is when I realize I am smiling at the other person.

Smiles are contagious.  Why is it when I stand in front of a group that the smile disappears? Nervousness? Focusing on getting other things right? This is an aspect I need to work on.  Relax, be myself, smile, speak.

Nothing ever happens by itself.  I do not become a better speak unless I practice.   Speaking is difficult for me, but I am getting better. I have my ups and downs, but I keep plugging away at this skill.

Take some time and think about what you need to do to meet your personal goals.
Feel free to share. Maybe if I know what you're working on, I can help encourage that habit or skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment