Sunday, December 23, 2012

280,000 members

Have you ever stopped to think about the enormous number of people who are Toastmasters?  People from all over the world seek out this organization to improve their speaking skills and leadership skills.

What is it about Toastmasters that keeps people coming into the fold?  The people. That's what I think! It's the people. Toastmasters are people who have a common goal of self improvement in the area of speaking and leadership.

I have asked members of Toastmasters why they joined, and why they remain members for long periods.  Some tell me that they continue to hone their skills; others tell me they like the people.  I like the organization because each club has a personality but all clubs have a common goal.  Practicing speaking and helping others practice speaking is why I enjoy the Toastmasters organization.  It doesn't hurt that I continually meet some awesome individuals at Toastmasters meeting, contests, and conventions.

Why do you like attending Toastmasters club meetings?

No comments:

Post a Comment